I will write for myself, to alleviate the apprehension in the depth of my soul.
-----

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rule #114: Pause for a few seconds to observe the flow of your breath. Become aware of a silent but powerful sense of presence.

I know it’s a little too late to blog about this. I've spent this Ramadan better than any other Ramadan before. Things were done that were never done before, and I feel that I’ve moved, even if only an inch, in the right direction. I still wished I had lesser things to do during the final days though. Sad to say, I was not hyped up for Eid. As a child I remember I used to so look forward to Eid. Those days are so vivid in my memory. This year, I just wanted to get it done and over with. Perhaps when I grow older I would appreciating stuffs like this but the question is, am I not old enough to realize that it’s truly a blessing to gather together with your family & relatives? I failed to instil the Raya spirit in me and I couldn’t fake the excitement for too long although I did try.

Photobucket
More photos on my Instagram (@nadiahlatiff)

The morning of Hari Raya, my family and I outfitted ourselves in non-matching Malay baju kurungs. I prefer to have the same colour just like we usually do every year, but my dad and brother had some baju that my mom sewed last year which they had not worn before. So they thought we shouldn’t waste money. It’s part of the tradition for my paternal’s side to rent a bus to travel from houses to houses together. There were some families who chose to drive their cars instead. There were tables of deliciously spicy Malay dishes served at each house and we were expected to eat. I thought I could burst in my tight-fitting baju by the time we had finished making our rounds. But Alhamdullilah for all the food and yes! Families are really growing. I have more little cousins now!

I’d like to sincerely offer my apology if I may have hurt your feelings in the past be it intentionally or unintentionally. But if I did hurt you intentionally, you probably deserved it.Hehehe. Minta Maaf Zahir dan Batin. Hope you guys are having fun visiting while I’m here stuck at home to complete my overwhelming assignments! And i apologize that I’ve been so extremely busy lately with school that I neglected my blog. Assessment week is coming up. Please be patient with me, I’ll be back soon enough, Insya’Allah. You guys are in my duaas.

♡ ♡ ♡
Nadiah Latiff

No comments:

Post a Comment