I will write for myself, to alleviate the apprehension in the depth of my soul.
-----

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rule #113: At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.

Photobucket

“I find people to be amusing. Have you looked at them when they try so hard to not meet your eyes when in actuality, every fibre of their being is struggling to let go and receive the slightest hint of warmth from you? I sigh. We live in a world where there seems to be no fear greater than that of being derided upon. That greatly mars the chances of coming across truly beautiful people. So when you meet withdrawn souls again, friend... try listening to all the words that they have not yet spoken.”

I've been feeling pensive nowadays. I do not know the reason for I am confused. Freshman year just started again- Yes, again- and I was depending on my new college to distract me from insignificant things through projects & assignments. Divert my attention so I wouldn’t think about them. But of course this is only the first week, so I just have to be patient until that happens.

I lack inspiration and creativity to write. I've been reading lots of stuff and sometimes ideas stir in my rusted mind but when I go off to sleep, they vanish. Any sane person would tell me to write them down as soon as possible but I have become a bit lazy. That’s pretty much the reason why I haven’t blogged for so long. Besides, I find that I shouldn’t be wasting too much time on social sites since Ramadhan comes only once a year. I thought I could make use of the time more wisely. Fighting the bad that is within me for this month shows how much of it is manifest in myself and cannot be blamed on the locked up evildoer. Still learning how to starve my Nafs and nourish my soul. I’m just hoping I will be consistent in my religion practices- Insya'allah will progress spiritually- even after this beautiful month of forgiveness, blessings and mercy.

Until next time, guys! Have fun with Eid preparations!

♡ ♡ ♡
Nadiah Latiff

No comments:

Post a Comment