I will write for myself, to alleviate the apprehension in the depth of my soul.
-----

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rule #117: Be like water — untamable enough to slip through fingers, strong enough to hold up ships.

Unsent letter #1

Am I genuinely happy for you? Or is it just my refusal to acknowledge the sadness in me? I am certain this is not jealousy or envy.
It’s the feeling of loss. Of letting go.

“Why can’t you just stay,” I asked you, “and be with me,”
“It’s not about that,” you responded. “Even if we really loved each other and we get married, God could still take my life away the next moment, you’ll never know,”

See, the thing about me, Out of sight = out of mind. Finally it dawned on me that physical presence should not confine the emotion and there’s more to love than just being physically there for each other.

I learned a lot from your words which echo in my heart till today. Your kindness touches the coldest corners of my soul and even in your silence while you listen to my verbose complaints of the world. I am deeply touched by the selflessness you show. I am moved by the abundant love and patience you have of life and the twist and turns that go with it.

Although unbridled melancholy fills my veins since that day we parted, I still pray that your soul prospers and your heart be afloat with love and happiness that you deserve.

♡ ♡ ♡
Nadiah Latiff

No comments:

Post a Comment