I will write for myself, to alleviate the apprehension in the depth of my soul.
-----

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Rule #118: Embrace life and all that God gives you—but never let it contain you. This world is too small to contain you.



Watch in HD!

I’ve always had this fantasy about Europe since young so, I was over the moon about being there. The constant feelings of, “Holy crap, I can’t believe I’m here!” lasted the entire week. I missed a week of school for this but it was all worth it! I arrived in London with little in the way of expectations. But I knew once I spent a little time there, I would fall in love with the place instantly. The city was beyond my wildest dreams. So full of history and intriguing.

I don’t really like long plane rides to be honest. I was relieved I survived 14 hours in the plane without complaining although my ear popped and I couldn't hear properly for an hour or two. It was really cold- about 13 degrees- when we reached London Heathrow Airport. However, the driver who fetched us said we’re lucky that we could see the sun shining so brightly because England has to face gloomy and rainy days all the time. Lucky? Nah. Extremely blessed.

There were so many things to do in London that we didn't have time to go all the places we've planned. It was one of the most relaxing moments chilling by the river at the Tower Bridge with a cup of hot coffee just waiting for the sun to set and taking in my surroundings. We spent so much time walking around and realized that London has so many bridges. We took the tube to Oxford Street although it was quite late. The shops were already closing. If you guys did not know, Oxford Street is the major shopping street in central London, but it’s not the most expensive or fashionable. Mostly high street brands like Selfridge, Topshop etc. And it claims to be the busiest street in Europe. I didn’t have enough time to go to most of the shops but I heard the biggest department stores are about seven floors high. It was amazing to walk down the street that I had heard and read so much about.

Don’t even get me started on the art scene there. Sigh. I wish I had more time to visit more museums or exhibitions. Even the street art was mind blowing! I loved how Londoners always dressed up nicely whereas in Singapore, you are always questioned why whenever you are dressed up or you would feel awkward.

The crowds, the expense and being rammed onto the Tube were awful though. The transport systems there are far worse than Singapore and the locals have to face train shutdowns/delays almost every day. I’ve witnessed some of the locals jumping over the train concourse gates because they had no card to tap in like it’s no big deal. Imagine doing that in Singapore? The next moment you’ll find yourself behind bars. Haha.

Aaaannndddd this is it! I finally made it to Paris, a city I've wanted to visit for a long time. The place was not as organized as London, as expected. An advice for people who wants to travel to Paris: Learn French first! At least basic ones because every sign was in French, everyone spoke French and everyone knew we were true foreigners. It was weird enough being in an entirely new country but it seemed like we could not get help from anyone. Either they didn’t speak English or they did not want to help.

The Louvre was an utterly amazing place, whether it is the grounds, the bold pyramid out front, or the museum itself. So vast it can appear to be a bit daunting. It was a really incredible feeling to see the marble structures, the famous paintings and artefacts which you’ve discussed about in your art school, first hand. We walked from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower which was like 2 miles and let me just tell you....walking in heels for two miles wasn't a great idea. Nevertheless, I did get to see some of the most beautiful sights in Paris! The Eiffel tower was one of the most beautiful structures I have ever seen. I felt like we were in a movie it was so crazy to actually be standing by the Eiffel Tower. It light up every 30 minutes and it looked like the whole building was sparkling in diamonds. One million pictures later we took the Metro back to our hotel and along the way we bought some souvenirs.

I had an insane tummy cramp on my last day that I felt like dying. I was crying so badly the night before and I woke up feeling even worst. I couldn’t even stand up. Every step I took, the pain was almost unbearable. I skipped breakfast and initially, I did not even want to leave the hotel for any last minute shopping whatsoever. I just wanted to go to the airport straight. But I decided to suck it up. So I went out and after a while, the pain was gone. I spent the last day buying some of the things that was on my shopping list.

There's so much more to say, but I'll stop here and let the pictures do the talking!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Something to really ponder about?
What if the Media has led me totally Astray...or.... Gay? lol

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Double decker train!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Not forgetting,. Alhamdullilah for this whole unforgettable experience!
Cheers, London and Paris! You surpassed my expectations - we shall meet again. Insha'Allah.


♡ ♡ ♡
Nadiah Latiff

1 comment:

  1. So now I know where have you been during that one week. Omg I wanna visit to Europe too!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete